Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Elton John Bernie Taupin
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (1973)
- Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding (11:09)
- Candle In The Wind (3:50)
- Bennie And The Jets (5:23)
- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (3:13)
- This Song Has No Title (2:23)
- Grey Seal (4:00)
- Jamaica Jerk-Off (3:39)
- I've Seen That Movie Too (5:59)
- Sweet Painted Lady (3:54)
- The Ballad Of Danny Bailey (1909-34) (4:23)
- Dirty Little Girl (5:00)
- All The Girls Love Alice (5:09)
- Your Sister Can't Twist (But She Can Rock 'n' Roll) (2:42)
- Saturday Night's All Right (For Fighting) (4:57)
- Roy Rogers (4:07)
- Social Disease (3:42)
- Harmony (2:46)
When are you gonna come down?
When are you going to land?
I should have stayed on the farm –
I should have listened to my old man.
You know you can’t hold me for ever,
I didn’t sign up with you;
I’m not a present for your friends to open,
This boy’s too young to be singing the blues.
So goodbye, yellow brick road,
Where the dogs of society howl;;
You can’t plant me in your penthouse,
I’m going back to my plough.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods,
Hunting the horny-back toad,
Oh, I’ve finally decided my future lies
Beyond the yellow brick road.
What do you think you’ll do then?
I bet that’ll shoot down your plane;
It’ll take you a couple of vodka and tonics
To set you on your feet again.
Maybe you’ll get a replacement,
There’s plenty like me to be found;
Mongrels who ain’t got a penny
Sniffing for tit-bits like you on the ground.