Saturday Night's All Right (For Fighting)
Elton John Bernie Taupin
Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (1973)
- Funeral for a Friend/Love Lies Bleeding (11:09)
- Candle In The Wind (3:50)
- Bennie And The Jets (5:23)
- Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (3:13)
- This Song Has No Title (2:23)
- Grey Seal (4:00)
- Jamaica Jerk-Off (3:39)
- I've Seen That Movie Too (5:59)
- Sweet Painted Lady (3:54)
- The Ballad Of Danny Bailey (1909-34) (4:23)
- Dirty Little Girl (5:00)
- All The Girls Love Alice (5:09)
- Your Sister Can't Twist (But She Can Rock 'n' Roll) (2:42)
- Saturday Night's All Right (For Fighting) (4:57)
- Roy Rogers (4:07)
- Social Disease (3:42)
- Harmony (2:46)
It's gettin' late, have yer seen my mates?
Ma, tell me when the boys get here,
It's seven o'clock, and I want to rock,
Wanna get a belly full of beer.
My old man's drunker than a barrel full of monkeys,
And my old lady, she don't care,
My sister looks cute in her braces and boots,
A handful of grease in her hair.
So don't give us none of yer aggravation,
We've had it with yer discipline;
Saturday night's all right for fightin’,
Get a little action in.
Get about as oiled as a diesel train,
Gonna set this dance alight,
‘Cause Saturday night's the night I like,
Saturday night's all right, all right, all right.
Well, they're packed pretty tight in here tonight,
I'm looking for a dolly who'll see me right,
I may use a little muscle to get what I need,
I may sink a little drink and shout out „She's with me.“
A couple of the sound that I really like
Are the sounds of a switchblade and a motorbike;
I'm a juvenile product of the working class,
Whose best friend floats in the bottom of a glass.