The Wide Eyed And Laughing
Elton John Bernie Taupin
Blue Moves (1976)
- Your Starter For... (1:23)
- Tonight (7:52)
- One Horse Town (5:56)
- Chameleon (5:27)
- Boogie Pilgrim (6:05)
- Cage the Songbird (3:27)
- Crazy Water (5:42)
- Shoulder Holster (5:10)
- Sorry Seems To Be The Hardest Word (3:48)
- Out Of The Blue (6:14)
- Between Seventeen And Twenty (5:17)
- The Wide Eyed And Laughing (3:27)
- Someone's Final Song (4:10)
- Where's the Shoorah? (4:09)
- If There's a God in Heaven (4:25)
- Idol (4:08)
- Theme from a Non-Existent TV Series (1:19)
- Bite Your Lip (Get Up And Dance!) (6:43)
Are you still in control of the boat that you row,
Or do you still cling to me, when it’s sinking?
I never condemned you, I only consoled you
When candlelight made me a King.
For the wide-eyed and laughing
Passed like a season
Erasing a passion to sin,
For no-one knew better than the tealeaves and the tarots
That the wide-eyed and laughing
Were just one step ahead of the wind.
And the hearts that you played on the porch swing for me
Was a song that I'd heard in the past,
For I had an audience somewhere inside you
That applauded whenever you laughed.
Gone is a word that I now rarely use
Though sometime in the course of a day
I go racing back like a man possessed
By the wide-eyed and laughing daughters of some different age.